FARMS, FOOD & FUN
One Day on the Farm Can Leave a Lasting Impression
Even a short period of time on a farm is not a wasted one. The Farm, Food, and Fun program offers children a brief, but lasting impression of the agricultural way of life. During this partial day exploration children are given the opportunity to learn about local agriculture and its role in their community through a hands-on experience.
If you have any questions regarding Farm Day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS FARMS, FOOD & FUN?
The Farms, Food, & Fun program is a single half-day version of the on-going Fields of Learning program. Children are introduced to the farm environment via hands-on, local phenomena based learning. Learning stations and tours of the farm not only provide children a basis of the science behind managing the land and the impacts this management has on its local environment, but this personal experience right in their backyards also helps them develop an understanding and appreciation of the county’s agriculture and its role in their everyday lives.
- Coordinator to perform logistical coordination between the teacher/leader and the farmer for visits.
- ½ day (AM) field trip to an El Dorado County farm, including a walk/talk with a farmer, and a minimum of three on-site hands-on educational stations.
- Access to and consulting on additional resources and activities to continue the experience at home or back at class or camp.
WHO AND WHERE ARE THE FARM PARTNERS?
Farm partners range from the small farm stand type location of 24 Carrot and Rockney Farm, to the more traditional vision of an Apple Hill farm of Rainbow Orchards, to the ever-diversifying, but rooted in Christmas Trees, Harris Family Farm, from the vineyards-meets-apples-meets-chestnut trees of Smokey Ridge Ranch, to one of the highest vineyards in California, the environmentally-friendly Madroña. From Placerville to Pollock Pines, from Camino to Gold Hill, our education locations are varied, but each one is rich in opportunities. Farm assignments are based on site availability at time of registration.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN FARMS, FOOD & FUN?
Farms, Food, & Fun is open to Preschool through Kindergarten, homeschool groups, as well as day camps or like programs.
REGISTRATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The cost of this program is $10 per child and $5 per adult chaperone.
- 60 day advanced registration is required and more information can be found here.
- Contact email@example.com to check availability and begin the registration process.
- Payments are due 14 days in advance of visit.
HOW IS FARMS, FOOD, & FUN FUNDED?
The Farms, Food, and Fun program fees are kept low due to the generous donations of our sponsors and donors, farm partners and volunteers. As a charitable, non-profit organization, El Dorado County Ag in the Classroom appreciates our sponsors’ generous support that is vital for the continued success of our educational programs, and we are grateful.